Buildings of Paris

I was very fortunate to have visited Paris during a wonderful week of summer this year. I fell in love with the city, with the streets and lanes, gardens and parks, the many Boulangeries and Fromageries, almost everything I set my eyes and feet on.

How can a city be so beautiful, with its romantic buildings, and moody weather? Being in Paris, having time to myself to do whatever I wanted felt like a privilege. On a warm day, I started from Chatillon and went all the way (walking/tram/metro) to river Seine. I may have crossed 20,000 steps that day. On another day, I walked around the inner lanes of Chatillon, coming across the prettiest homes and gardens. The gardens of Paris deserve their own post - they're tucked away between buildings and it's easy to miss them - but when you walk through their small doors, it's like you've crossed dimensions into another world. The noise drowns, the flowers sway gently.























On my last day in Paris, I walked into this beautiful cemetery. It was just me, walking past beautiful carvings on tomb stones. The day was gloomy, but it started pouring whilst I was busy reading one such tombstone. from 1920s. A husband and wife had their tombstones adjacent to each other and it made me feel emotions I hadn't felt in some time.

I know I will return to Paris, again and again, in summer :)

No comments