Driving through Singapore City

Having stayed in the Middle East for the better part of a decade, I was so happy to be in Singapore. A light drizzle welcomed me. The island city is a tropical paradise with lush green on either side of the road. I used to take it for granted, but now that I stay in Dubai, I appreciate even a single tree. Every where I looked, grey clouds loomed over us, the trees bowed down on us and glistening buildings stood tall. These are only a few photos from my camera roll.



It's not easy to own a vehicle in Singapore, as the government really encourages you to use the public transport, and to be fair, rightly so. The metro lines are so convenient, in fact we traveled mostly by metro - affordable & well connected. Not to mention, the limited number of roads in the city.



We visited the Marina Bay Sands on the first day, and we were in awe of the view. The city is truly gorgeous. Marina Bay is on reclaimed land - a massive feat of engineering.
Singapore is one of the most advanced cities of the world - a true leader for other cities. Whether we are talking about food technology innovation, vertical agriculture or delivery cargo via drones. The city is ever evolving - with growing density of people coming to live in the island city state.
I loved the design of these futuristic buildings - eventually realizing I could not possibly take photos of all the buildings in Singapore.




Singapore is quite culturally rich, with Indians, Chinese & Singaporeans making up the majority of the population. As a result, you find almost all cuisines here. The government, while trying to solve its housing problem, is also clear on preserving localities rich in culture.






We'd taken a hop on - hop off bus pass for a day and this proved really useful for us. It was a great way to see the sights & sounds of the city.













The Housing & Development Board (HDB) is responsible for providing housing to its hundreds of thousands of residents. Of course, preference is given to Singaporeans vs other nationalities when assessing the eligibility to own a flat. I found public housing to be a very interesting topic. In fact, how cities are made, how the people live, work and commute are all very interesting topics to me, whether it is Singapore or Kuala Lumpur.



We had taken a cable car ride to Sentosa Islands and the views were magnificent - such as the beautiful waterfront condominiums below.


I loved the city, and as always, I was sad to leave. I would definitely be going back there - once traveling is easy again. Have you been to this beautiful island city-state? What was your favorite part?

1 comment

  1. Hi, I think singapore is the one of the best place for visitors to visit and I would love to visit singapore next year. Thank You & keep sharing.

    ReplyDelete